How to develop a musical ear?
Music is an integral part of many people's lives,but not every person is musical from birth. Sometimes you hear your favorite song and want to sing along with your favorite artist, but the fear of hearing disapproving comments destroys the desire to stand in the bud. However, even a musical ear is only a matter of practice and hard work.
What is rumor?
The simplest explanation is thatA musical ear is certain skills and abilities that allow you to fully perceive music and hear all of its incredible sounds or even minor errors. Without such abilities, no musician, sound producer, or even a producer can do.
Absolute ear for music
It is believed to train absolute pitchimpossible, this is a talent that lives with a person since birth, and one person out of ten thousand has a chance to have absolute hearing. What says that many truly great musicians did not have absolute hearing. Absolute hearing is the ability to determine exactly the pitch of any sound without the help of standards. Simply put, it is the innate ability to grasp the structure of music.
Relative, or interval, hearing
Allows you to determine the size of musical intervals, as well as play them. The pitch of the sound in this case is determined by comparison with the standard.
This type of hearing is associated with mentalactivities. Simply put, it is the ability to mentally represent music and its individual components. Often this happens through musical notes or simply from memory.
Allows you to perceive the music, identifying itcharacter, expression, tone. The most effective way - a specialized training course solfeggio. It is important that he was directed to aesthetic education, and not technical.
This is the ability to feel the emotional expressiveness of rhythm. Everyone can learn to hear and feel the rhythm.
And this is not a complete list of knownhumanity types of hearing, however, these are the important components on which the classical understanding of musical hearing is based. Having trained them, a person acquires the ability to hear and understand the melody. However, the question is whether the musical taste of a particular person remains open.
The human brain has certain parts,who are responsible for ear for music. This area is located in the auditory area, and the more nerve endings it contains, the better the ear is developed in humans. It is possible to determine how a particular person’s hearing is at home, without resorting to magnetic tomography. To do this, you can simply try to repeat the melody heard, let it be the refrain from your favorite song. The main thing is to keep the rhythm. And even if the first time turned out to be a failure, it’s definitely not worth the panic, it’s better to spend energy on hard work and train more.
How to start to hear music?
The development of musical ear is a task from whichcoping is much easier than it seems. The ideal option is to go for solfeggio lessons to a professional teacher. The essence of this subject is precisely to develop the ear and musical memory. However, if there is no such possibility, it is worth holding up a ton of patience and doing it yourself. What is needed for this?
- The first way is any musical instrument. This option is one of the most affordable and effective. Develops all of the above types of hearing. Want to train them to the maximum? Learn to play any instrument. From childhood dreamed of learning to play the guitar? It's time to do it. Thanks to the lessons, you will not only remember by ear how each note should sound, but also perfectly train your sense of rhythm and finally begin to understand music. This option is suitable for especially patient and those who have enough time.
- The second way is singing. The easiest and most obvious method to develop a musical ear. To do this, you will need a piano, but do not be alarmed if there is no one at home. Fortunately, we live in the modern world, which gives us the opportunity to take advantage of free online versions, which are a dime a dozen on the Internet. The development of hearing begins with scales, play daily and sing them along with the piano. When the skill is honed and with scales you will feel confident, proceed to the next stage - intervals, chords or melodies. It is important to overcome the embarrassment, if you do not get rid of this feeling, then the lessons will be meaningless. Choose a class time so that no one is at home.
- The third way - exercises that are veryresemble meditation. This method helps to develop precisely the attention to sounds, the ability to listen to melodies and understand them. Accustomed to wander the street in headphones? It's time to stop this occupation. Leave the headphones at home, take a walk without them, trying to listen to all the sounds coming. No matter what it is, fragments of dialogue, the sounds of a big city, the noise of forest trees, the crunch of snow or the rustle of leaves. Just paying attention to all the surrounding sounds, you will understand how many around them. Such an exercise can be carried out at home, do not be lazy to spend five minutes a day to listen to how the water roars, as the refrigerator buzzes, the noise from the street, the barking of a neighboring dog.
- The fourth way is to listen to the voices. Even if a normal conversation with a person becomes an exercise. Listen to the voice of your interlocutor, try to remember its sound. This manipulation can be rotated when watching movies, remembering the voices of the actors. After you can hold a small exam, try to guess the actor only by voice.
- The fifth way is to think while listening to musiclearn to hear it. Almost every modern person will say that he listens to music every day, on the way to work / study / to the store. For many, this is a way to escape, and it's great that you can listen to music and not think about anything. But we set a goal to develop a musical ear, so now you need not just to listen to music, but to try to hear it, to grasp the essence and structure. Practice distinguishing musical instruments from each other. Such an exercise not only contributes to the development of hearing, but also teaches to listen to music more subtly, noticing all the details that will give even greater pleasure while listening. Subsequently, you will want more complex compositions, and this is great, because it only means that there is progress and you are not standing still.
- The sixth way - learn to feel the rhythm. For this purpose, an instrument such as a metronome does an excellent job. Working with this device is extremely simple - tap the rhythm that sets the metronome with your finger or hand. Once with this exercise you begin to cope perfectly well, you should proceed to the recognition of the rhythm in the melodies. It is necessary to begin with compositions in which there are drums, it is much easier to recognize a rhythm by this musical instrument. The most difficult level in rhythm recognition is classical music. An equally effective answer to the question of how to develop a musical ear is dancing. You can practice in the classroom with a coach, and at home alone. During the dance try to catch the rhythm and move to the beat of the music.
- Seventh way - look for the source of the sound. In this exercise, you can ask someone from the household to participate. The essence of the exercise is as follows: close your eyes and ask your assistant to make sounds from different parts of the room. Your task is to guess where the sound is coming from. This simple task is more like a child's game, but the task is at times more complicated if you ask the assistant to go outside the room and move throughout the apartment. If there is no assistant, you can simply go outside, sit on a bench in a busy place, listen to the surrounding sounds.
In order to reliably determine whethera person’s ear for music should be addressed to a teacher; this will not be easy to do on one’s own. The presence of hearing is diagnosed by the following criteria:
- Sense of rhythm.
- Evaluation of intonation.
- The development of musical memory.
Checking the musical hearing and sense of rhythmIt consists in the following exercise: the teacher picks up a certain rhythm with any object, and the subject must repeat it as faithfully as possible. If the rhythm was reproduced without complaints, it indicates the presence of hearing. Exercises can be complicated in order to determine the level of development of hearing.
Evaluation of intonation is that the teachersings a familiar melody and asks the subject to repeat it. This exercise also allows you to identify vocal abilities. But this exercise is not the main indicator in hearing testing. Even with a weak and not very clear voice, a person can develop an excellent ear that will allow him to master the game on any instrument without any problems.
Still wondering how to checkear for music? There is an answer: musical memory or the so-called game of hide and seek. The exercise is extremely simple: the subject turns his back to the instrument, while the teacher presses any of the keys. The task of the scanned one is to find the same key from the memory. If a person is able to accurately guess all the notes when you press a key and listen to the sound, he has an excellent ear for music.
Hearing training is a complex process thataccompanied by the inclusion of the brain, and not mindless exercises. This means that even the acquisition of elementary knowledge of music already contributes to the development of musical abilities. Start with a simple musical notation, learn classical music. The richness of sounds, harmony, sound of instruments is what is so necessary for those who want to develop a musical ear.
News and Society
News and Society
Arts & Entertainment
News and Society