Categories of vehicles

To date, the classification of transportis governed by a document adopted by the UNECE ITC and the Convention on Road Traffic. Based on these documents categories are determined in different countries of the world, therefore it can be considered unified, at least for the Euro-Asian continent.

The categories of vehicles under these documentshave different letters that relate to each other in a certain way. Thus, according to the UNECE ITC documents, all moving assets are divided into large groups under the letters L, M, and also N and O. Each of these letter symbols can contain several subgroups denoted by small indices 1, 2, 3 and so on. According to this document categories of vehicles are crushed more finely.

The Convention on Road Traffic,territory of the post-Soviet countries, we are given an enlarged categorization. According to it cars are divided into categories A, B, C, D and E, which do not contain subgroups. The category of drivers is similar classification, which facilitates obtaining a driver's license for a certain type of vehicles and the recognition of current documents in the territory of the post-Soviet countries. This is especially important for those engaged in the transportation of goods for a long distance - when moving to another country of misunderstanding when checking documents for the car does not arise.

It is worth noting that the ratio of the categoryvehicles according to the documents is as follows: in the category A fall L3, L4, L5; in the category B - M1; in D-M2; in C - N2. According to the Convention, trailers and semitrailers do not have their own letter for marking, it includes all the subcategories of O.

So, the documents of the ITC of the ECE to the lowest categoryL (having subgroup markers 3, 4 or 5) include vehicles with two and three wheels having an engine capacity of more than fifty cubic centimeters, a top speed of fifty kilometers per hour. Separately, it is worth highlighting categories L1 and L2, which include two- and three-wheeled scooters, respectively. Usually they do not require a driver's license, however, in some countries such laws are pending before the parliament, so it is necessary to stipulate the case depending on the state.

The marking of L6 and L7 is applied to quadricycles. To manage this vehicle you will need to certify a tractor driver-it's easy to get. In category M, there are three subgroups, which include cars weighing 3.5 to 5 tons or more (assigned a special index) intended for the carriage of passengers. In this car, the number of passenger seats should not exceed eight.

Category N includes cars carryingWeights with a weight of 3.5 to 12 tons or more (a special index is assigned). The category O includes trailers that carry mass permissible by indices. For example, O1 - this is a trailer, which can carry up to seven hundred and fifty kg, in the category O2 - from seven hundred and fifty kilograms to three and a half tons, in the category O3 - from three and a half to ten tons, and in the category O4 - more than ten tons .

Categories of vehicles representedThe Convention on Road Traffic, in Group A, includes motor vehicles - motor scooters, motorcycles, etc. B category includes cars weighing less than three and a half tons, which have eight seats other than a driver's seat. Category C preserves the necessary condition for the presence of eight passenger seats, not specifying the mass of the vehicle, but the category D includes cars, the mass of which is more than three and a half tons. The category of vehicles under the letter E include road trains and cars with trailers, for example, trucks for long-distance transport.

</ p>